Go Maggie! Run yerself some stupid miles, girl!

My crewing duties as the official map girl.  
I'm packin' and gettin' ready to help my friend Maggie run some stupid miles in the desert of Zion, Virgin Utah. Life is busy right now so this post is going to be el shorto.

I just want to put this out there before I go... I haven't known Maggie for too long now - maybe about eight months - but what I do know of this girl is amazing, inspiring and nothing short of fiyah! If I ever get to be half the runner she is I would be a happy girl.

So I want to wish her luck in her first 100 miler. Honestly, I don't think she even needs it. She's totally got this. Just her fire alone is gonna get her ass across the finish line (not to mention she's hella strong.) And she's already lit up the Zion facebook page with her endearing honesty and trouble-making ways insisting that this race be "officially" measured by the inch to exactly 100 miles or more and nothing less. Yup. That's my girl! She doesn't want to have to explain to people that her hundred miler was actually a measly 99.63 miles just because the website said so. She's a woman of integrity. If she's gonna put a sticker on her car she will have put in the work and ran the miles and nothing less. I have a lot of respect for that. Damn straight. I will support her. And with a celebratory shot of whiskey at the finish line!


Me, Maggie and Kristina

You will do this girl!

But I know she's not just in this thing to say she ran a hundred miles. She's in it to learn about herself and enjoy the journey. I'm lucky to be a small part of this journey with her.

But we all know that sometimes what we expect from a race isn't always what we get, so even if she doesn't get that belt buckle I will have had the heartfelt pleasure of crewing and pacing her. I'm really looking forward to this little road trip. All these girls are awesome! Every single one of them inspires me. I look forward to sharing the experience with them!

Alrighty, girls. I'm packed and ready and got all the maps! Awwwwwyeah... just like Jen said, "Once we step foot in that state, Utah will never be the same."
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  

Comments

  1. So excited for all of you! To be the pacer and support crew for a friend is such an honor. Go show 'em what you're made of! Tough, bad-ass women are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that is very exciting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twenty Miles Of Punishment

Shame and Camel Toe

Evofem's Softcup Review

I'm A Sucker For Beauty & Athletic Eye Candy

A Running Orgasm?